Hello Arnaud,

Thanks for your reply.

We have a system ( 2 x  Xeon 5410, Intel S5000PSL  mobo and 8 GB memory) with
12 x 500 GB SATA disks on a Areca 1130 controller. rpool is a mirror over 2
disks. 8 disks in raidz2, 1 spare. We have 2 aggr links.

Our goal is a ESX storage system, I am using ISCSI and NFS to serve space to
our ESX 4.0 servers.

We can remove a disk, with no problem. I can do a replace and the disk is being
resilverd. That works fine here.

Our problem comes when we make it the server a little bit harder! When we give
the server a "hard" time, copy 60G+ of data or do some other stuff to give the
system some load it hangs. This happens after 5 minutes or after 30 minutes or
later but it hangs. Then we get the problems of the attached pictures.

I have also emaild Areca. I'll hope the can fix it..

Regards,

Rob