On 12-Jan-10, at 5:53 AM, Brad wrote:

Has anyone worked with a x4500/x4540 and know if the internal raid controllers have a bbu? I'm concern that we won't be able to turn off the write-cache on the internal hds and SSDs to prevent data corruption in case of a power failure.

A power fail won't corrupt data even with write cache enabled, under the assumptions about device behaviour recently mentioned on the list. (Caching isn't the problem; ordering is.)

The Sun machines must be tested and qualified for correct behaviour.

--Toby