> There are different kinds of "IOPS".  The expensive ones are random
> IOPS whereas sequential IOPS are much more efficient.  The intention
> of the SSD-based ZIL is to defer the physical write so that would-be
> random IOPS can be converted to sequential scheduled IOPS like a
> normal write.  ZFS coalesces multiple individual writes into larger
> sequential requests for the disk.

Yes I understand; but still isn't there a upperbond? If I would have the
perfect synchronous ZIL load; and I would only have on large RAIDZ2 vdev in a
single pool with 10TB, how would the system behave when it flushes the ZIL
content to disk?

> Regardless, some random access to the underlying disks is still
> required.  If the pool becomes close to full (or has become fragmented
> due to past activities) then there will be much more random access and
> the SSD-based ZIL will not be as effective.

Yes, I understand what you are saying but its more out of general interest what
the relation is to the SSD devices vs. required (sequential) write
bandwidth/IOPS. I can hardly imagine that there isn't one.

Jeffry