On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Christopher George
<cgeo...@ddrdrive.com> wrote:
>> Why not enlighten EMC/NTAP on this then?
>
> On the basic chemistry and possible failure characteristics of Li-Ion
> batteries?
>
> I will agree, if I had system level control as in either example, one could
> definitely help mitigate said risks compared to selling a card based
> product where I have very little control over the thermal envelopes I am
> subjected.
>
>> Could you please elaborate on the last statement, provided you meant
>> anything beyond "UPS is a power-backup standard"?
>
> Although, I do think the discourse is healthy and relevant.  At this point, I
> am comfortable to agree to disagree.  I respect your point of view, and do
> agree strongly that Li-Ion batteries play a critical and highly valued role in
> many industries.
>
> Thanks,

Congratulations Christopher - great product - and I'm sure that this
will be the first of a family of products for you!  Personally I like
the simplicity of the design and the lack of a battery to worry about.

This is a great addition to any ZFS installation ...   :)

Regards,

--
Al Hopper  Logical Approach Inc,Plano,TX a...@logical-approach.com
                   Voice: 972.379.2133 Timezone: US CDT