CD wrote:
On 01/18/2010 06:36 PM, Tom Haynes wrote:
CD wrote:
Greetings.

I've go two pools, but can only access one of them from my linux-machine. Both pools got the same settings and acl.

Both pools has sharenfs=on. Also, every filesystem got aclinherit=passthrough
NAME  PROPERTY  VALUE     SOURCE
tank  sharenfs  on        local
bitbox  sharenfs  on        local

Does 'zfs list' show bitbox to be at the root of the server's namespace?

# zfs list -o name,sharenfs,mountpoint
NAME                     SHARENFS  MOUNTPOINT
bitbox                   on        /bitbox
bitbox/fs0          on        /bitbox/fs0
bitbox/fs1               on        /bitbox/fs1
rpool                    off       /rpool
rpool/ROOT               off       legacy
rpool/ROOT/opensolaris   off       /
rpool/ROOT/xvm           off       /mnt/xvm
rpool/ROOT/xvm-1         off       /mnt/xvm1
rpool/dump               -         -
rpool/export             off       /export
rpool/export/home        off       /export/home
rpool/swap               -         -
tank                     on        /tank
tank/fs0   on        /tank/fs0
tank/fs1               on        /tank/fs2

Hmm, tank/fs1 is mounted on /tank/fs2. Do you also have
a /tank/fs1? I.e., the shares down below don't match
the paths.

This shouldn't be the problem you are seeing...

What does share show as the active shares?

# share
-...@tank          /tank   rw   ""
-...@tank          /tank/fs0   rw   ""
-...@tank          /tank/fs1   rw   ""
f...@tank/fs0     /tank/fs0   rw   ""
f...@tank/fs1   /tank/fs1   rw   ""

If you don't see bitbox here, it will be a problem.
Seems I've got a problem ^^
But what? Aren't the filesystem handling the sharing?

Yes, they should be. I'm adding zfs-discuss to see what further triaging will help.

I've got samba shares active for most of my filesystems - can this be a problem?

Same ACL:
/bitbox
drwxr--r--+ 25 root     sa            25 Dec 18 12:43 folder0
               group:sa:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow
                 owner@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow
              everyone@:r-----a-R-c---:-------:allow
drwxr--r--+  3 root     sa             3 Jun  1  2009 folder1
               group:sa:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow
                 owner@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow
              everyone@:r-----a-R-c---:-------:allow

/tank
drwxr--r--+  4 root     root           4 Sep  9 15:47 folder0
               group:sa:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow
                 owner@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow
              everyone@:r-----a-R-c---:-------:allow
drwxr--r--+  7 root     sa             9 May 19  2009 folder1
               group:sa:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow
                 owner@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow
              everyone@:r-----a-R-c---:-------:allow

Yet, when I mount the nfs, only 'tank' is listed:
mount -t nfs4 srv:/ /mnt/server

If I try to mount the pools separately:
$ sudo mount -t nfs4 srv:/tank /mnt/tank/ --work perfectly
$ sudo mount -t nfs4 srv:/bitbox /mnt/bitbox --gives error:
mount.nfs4: mounting srv:/bitbox failed, reason given by server:
  No such file or directory

What if you try a v3 mount?
I assmume the prefix "-t nfs" equls v3? I get:
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting srv:/bitbox

You don't need "-t nfs", just dropping the -t option will work.

But the fact that we don't see a share means we do not
expect to get access here.

I don't get it!
Also, where are the config files, such as the /etc/export?

If this were non-zfs, you'd want to look in /etc/dfs. But since this is zfs, the share
(i.e., export) is in the sharenfs property of the filesystem.

Thanks!

Thanks for replying.