http://lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/internal_raid/megaraid_sas/6gb_s_value_line/sas9260-8i/index.html

2009.06 didn't have the drivers integrated, so those aren't the open source
ones. As i said, it is possible that 2010.03 will resolve this. But we do not
put development releases in production.

From: Tim Cook [mailto:t...@cook.ms]
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:45 PM
To: Moshe Vainer
Cc: zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Does OpenSolaris mpt driver support LSI 2008
controller

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Moshe Vainer
<mvai...@doyenz.com<mailto:mvai...@doyenz.com>> wrote:
Vanilla 2009.06, mr_sas drivers from LSI website.
To answer your other question - the mpt driver is very solid on 2009.06

Are you sure those are the open source drivers he's referring to?  LSI has a
habit of releasing their own drivers with similar names.  It sounds to me like
that's what you were using.

On that front, exactly where did you find the driver?  They have nothing listed
on the downloads page:
http://lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/host_bus_adapters/sas_hbas/internal/sas9211-8i/index.html?locale=EN&remote=1

--
--Tim