Hi Folks,

As usual, trust me to come up with the unusual.  I'm planning ahead for future
expansion and running tests.

Unfortunately until 2010-2 comes out I'm stuck with 111b (no way to upgrade to
anything than 130, which gives me problems)

Anyway, here is the situation.

Initial installation drive is a 40gig drive given over to Open Solaris.
Second drive is an 80 gig drive.

The aim is to mirror the operating system in a way that I can remove the 40gig
drive form the system and have the 80 gig drive boot.

At this point, you're probably thinking that you've heard it all before.

I believe that the drive size difference is causing a problem.

I kill the EFI partition and set up a Solaris partition.  Yes, I even reboot
the box to ensure that the Solaris partition has stuck.

I run the usual ... prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c4t0d0s2 | fmthard -s –
/dev/rdsk/c4t1d0s2 ... command and it is here that I think something is going
wrong ...

... because when I add the drive to the zpool, it flips the partition back to
EFI, which means my grub installation is useless.

Some extra information is that I can't add c19d0s0 - I have to add c19d0. This
could be one point where it is reverting it to EFI.

If I try to add c19d0s0 I get, "cannot open '/dev/dsk/c19d0s0': No such device
or address"

... which makes me think that the fmthard is putting wrong information on to
the 80gig drive because the "slice" sizes will be different.

Have I reached the right conclusion? If so, how do I get around this? Do I have
to somehow manually slice the drive up?