Hi,

I am trying to find a way to grow the filesystems in a thumper.....
The idea is to take single disks offline and to replace them by bigger
ones.

For this reason, I did run the following test:

mkfile 100m f1
mkfile 100m f2
mkfile 100m f3
mkfile 100m f4
mkfile 100m f5

mkfile 200m F1
mkfile 200m F2
mkfile 200m F3
mkfile 200m F3
mkfile 200m F4

zpool create test raidz2 /export/home/tmp/Z/f*

create some files ...

zpool offline test /export/home/tmp/Z/f5
zpool replace test /export/home/tmp/Z/f5 /export/home/tmp/Z/F5
zpool offline test /export/home/tmp/Z/f4
zpool replace test /export/home/tmp/Z/f4 /export/home/tmp/Z/F4
zpool offline test /export/home/tmp/Z/f3
zpool replace test /export/home/tmp/Z/f3 /export/home/tmp/Z/F3
zpool offline test /export/home/tmp/Z/f2
zpool replace test /export/home/tmp/Z/f2 /export/home/tmp/Z/F2
zpool offline test /export/home/tmp/Z/f1
zpool replace test /export/home/tmp/Z/f1 /export/home/tmp/Z/F1

After that, the zpool did notice that there is more space:

zpool list
NAME   SIZE   USED  AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
test   476M  1,28M   475M     0%  ONLINE  -

the ZFS however did not grow:

zfs list
NAME         USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
test         728K   251M   297K  /test

How can I tell the ZFS that it should use the whole new space?

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)