>> Hmm, is that configurable? Say to match the checksums being
>> used on the filesystem itself... ie: sha256? It would seem odd to
>> send with less bits than what is used on disk.

>> Was thinking that plaintext ethernet/wan and even some of the 'weaker'
>> ssl algorithms

> Do you expect the same errors in the pipe as you do on disk?

Perhaps I meant to say that the box itself [cpu/ram/bus/nic/io, except disk]
is assumed to handle data with integrity. So say netcat is used as transport,
zfs is using sha256 on disk, but only fletcher4 over the wire with send/recv,
and your wire takes some undetected/uncorrected hits, and the hits also
happen to make it past fletcher4... it kindof nullifies the SA's choice/thought
that sha256 would be used throughout all zfs operations.

I din't see notation in the man page that checksums are indeed used
in send/recv operations...

In any case, at least something is used over the bare wire :)