On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Daniel Bakken wrote:

From my perspective as an IT pro, Sun is selling BMW's at $200k. It's
a great car, but a Mercedes is half the cost. Most hardware consumers
have already flocked to the competition, which explains Sun's
staggering losses and the Oracle buyout. We can't afford to pay tens

I am glad to see that you are a pro. Sun's staggering losses are due to the level of sales not being in line with the large number of product offerings combined with a dramatic two year down-turn in the economy that Sun management had not anticipated. Some of us (outside of Moscow) are keenly aware of the economic down-turn. There were also grave errors in judgement from certain people in Sun management.

The only winner in the server-wars has been IBM. All the other big players have been losing. Even Dell has been losing.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn