> Whatever.  Regardless of what you say, it does show:
>
> ·         Which is faster, raidz, or a stripe of mirrors?
>
> ·         How much does raidz2 hurt performance compared to raidz?
>
> ·         Which is faster, raidz, or hardware raid 5?
>
> ·         Is a mirror twice as fast as a single disk for reading?  Is a
> 3-way mirror 3x faster?  And so on?
>

> I’ve seen and heard many people stating answers to these questions, and my
> results (not yet complete) already answer these questions, and demonstrate
> that all the previous assertions were partial truths.

I don't think he was complaining, i think he was sayign he dind't need you
to run iosnoop on the old version of ZFS.

Solaris 10 has a really old version of ZFS.  i know there are some pretty
big differences in zfs versions from my own non scientific benchmarks.  It
would make sense that people wouldn't be as interested in benchmarks of
solaris 10 ZFS seeing as there are literally hundreds scattered around the
internet.

I don't think he was telling you not to bother testing for your own purposes
though.