> On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>>
>>        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>>        mercury_rpool  ONLINE       0     0     0
>>          mirror      ONLINE       0     0     0
>>            c3t0d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>>            c1t2d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0  14.5M resilvered
>>
>> errors: No known data errors
>> #
>>
>> I have many systems where I keep mirrors on multiple controllers, either
>> fibre or SCSI. It seems that the SCSI devices don't get detected at boot
>> on the Sparc systems. The x86/AMD64 systems do not seem to have this
>> problem but I may be wrong.
>>
>> Is this a known bug or am I seeing something due to a missing line in
>> /etc/system ?
>
> My Sun Blade 2500 (Red) does see both boot disks.  However, I do
> recall an issue at one time with the Solaris power management daemon
> in that it shut down the second disk during boot so that it was not
> seen.  It was mentioned in the Solaris release notes (maybe U5 or U6?)
> and it happened to me.  A fix to /etc/power.conf was required.
> Perhaps that is what is happening to you.

Good theory, however, this disk is fully external with its own power.

    Strange.

I'll go have a look at a V490 I have here ( snv_130 ) and install a few
SCSI cards just to see what happens. Maybe this is specific to the SB2500
workstations.

--
Dennis Clarke
dcla...@opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris