On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 12:09:20PM -0800, Erik Trimble wrote:
> I've got stacks of both v20z/v40z hardware, plus a whole raft of IBM
> xSeries (/not/ System X) machines which really, really, really need an
> SSD for improved I/O.   At this point, I'd kill for a parallel SCSI ->
> SATA adapter thingy; something that would plug into a SCA connector on
> one side, and a SATA port on the other. I could at least hack together a
> mounting bracket for something like that...

I've hoped for target-mode drivers for some of the older parallel-scsi
hba's.  With those, and comstar, one could connect such boxes to a
complete zfs storage system, booting and all.  In my case, the idea is
to get rid of the older, noisy powerhungry disks entirely - but it's
just an idle hope.

--
Dan.