I recently had a hard drive die on my 6 drive raidz2 array (4+2).
Unfortunately, now that the dead drive didn't register anymore, Linux decided
to rearrange all of the drive names around such that zfs couldn't figure out
what drives went where.

After much hair pulling, I gave up on Linux and went to OpenSolaris, but it
wouldn't recognize my SATA controller, so I'm now using FreeNAS (BSD based).

I now have zfs recognizing the remaining 5 drives, but it still registers as
FAULTED:

freenas:/var/log# zpool import
  pool: tank
    id: 7069795341511677483
 state: FAULTED
status: The pool was last accessed by another system.
action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-EY
config:

        tank        UNAVAIL   insufficient replicas
          raidz2    UNAVAIL   corrupted data
            ad6     ONLINE
            ad8     ONLINE
            ad10    ONLINE
            sda     UNAVAIL   cannot open
            ad12    ONLINE
            ad14    ONLINE

Isn't raidz2 supposed to be able to continue operation with up to 2 drives
missing?  What's going on here?