Paul B. Henson wrote:
I've been surveying various forums looking for other places using ZFS ACL's
in production to compare notes and see how if at all they've handled some
of the issues we've found deploying them.

So far, I haven't found anybody using them in any substantial way, let
alone trying to leverage them to allow a very large user population to have
highly flexible control over access to their data.

Anyone here that has a non-negligible ACL deployment that would be
interested in discussing it?

One of my clients makes extensive use of ACLs. Some of them are so complex, I had to write them an application to interpret and manage them!

They have a user base of around 1000, with a couple of hundred (!) groups. Nearly all file access is through Samba.

--
Ian.