On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Lutz Schumann
<presa...@storageconcepts.de> wrote:
> Or use multiple X25-V (L2ARC is not filled fast anyhow, so write does not
> matter). You can get 4 of them for 1 160 GB X25-M. With 4 X25-V you get ~500
> MB /sec instead of ~ 140 MB / sec with the X25-M - much better value for the
> same price :)

I'm aware that write performance is less of an issue, which is why I'm
not concerned with using a device with slower write performance like
the X25-V. I'm unlikely to add more than one device to the l2arc
anytime soon, either. If I do use two devices, I'd be at $180 vs.
$260.

The Indilinx controllers support garbage collection when they're idle,
which may help performance as well.

-B

--
Brandon High : bh...@freaks.com