Is there a way to manually trigger a hot spare to kick in?  Mine doesn't
appear to be doing so.  What happened is I exported a pool to reinstall
solaris on this system.  When I went to re-import it, one of the drives
refused to come back online.  So, the pool imported degraded, but it doesn't
seem to want to use the hot spare... I've tried triggering a scrub to see if
that would give it a kick, but no-go.

r...@fserv:~$ zpool status
  pool: fserv
 state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices could not be opened.  Sufficient replicas exist
for
        the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-2Q
 scrub: scrub completed after 3h19m with 0 errors on Mon Mar  8 02:28:08
2010
config:

        NAME                      STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        fserv                     DEGRADED     0     0     0
          raidz2-0                DEGRADED     0     0     0
            c2t0d0                ONLINE       0     0     0
            c2t1d0                ONLINE       0     0     0
            c2t2d0                ONLINE       0     0     0
            c2t3d0                ONLINE       0     0     0
            c2t4d0                ONLINE       0     0     0
            c2t5d0                ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t0d0                ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t1d0                ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t2d0                ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t3d0                ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t4d0                ONLINE       0     0     0
            12589257915302950264  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  was
/dev/dsk/c7t5d0s0
        spares
          c3t6d0                  AVAIL

--Tim