On 08 March, 2010 - Bill Sommerfeld sent me these 0,4K bytes:

> On 03/08/10 12:43, Tomas Ögren wrote:
> So we tried adding 2x 4GB USB sticks (Kingston Data
>> Traveller Mini Slim) as metadata L2ARC and that seems to have pushed the
>> snapshot times down to about 30 seconds.
>
> Out of curiosity, how much physical memory does this system have?

System Memory:
         Physical RAM:  6134 MB
         Free Memory :  190 MB
         LotsFree:      94 MB

ARC Size:
         Current Size:             1890 MB (arcsize)
         Target Size (Adaptive):   2910 MB (c)
         Min Size (Hard Limit):    638 MB (zfs_arc_min)
         Max Size (Hard Limit):    5110 MB (zfs_arc_max)

ARC Size Breakdown:
         Most Recently Used Cache Size:          67%    1959 MB (p)
         Most Frequently Used Cache Size:        32%    950 MB (c-p)

It does some mail server stuff as well.

The two added USB sticks grew to about 3.2GB of metadata L2ARC, totally
about 6.5M files on the system.

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, st...@acc.umu.se, http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå