On 03/11/10 05:42 AM, Andrew Daugherity wrote:
On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 20:47 -0800, mingli wrote:
And I update the sharenfs option with "rw,ro...@100.198.100.0/24", it works
fine, and the NFS client can do the write without error.

Thanks.
I've found that when using hostnames in the sharenfs line, I had to use
the FQDN; the short hostname did not work, even though both client and
server were in the same DNS domain and that domain is in the search
path, and nsswitch uses DNS for hosts (read: 'ping client1' works fine,
as does 'mount server:/export/fs /mnt' from client1).

Perhaps it's because I left the NFSv4 domain setting at the default.
(I'm just using NFSv3, but trying to come up with an explanation.  In
any case, using the FQDN works.)

I have found the same, whether sharing to Linux or Solaris hosts, the FQDN appears to be required.

This doesn't appear to be documented anywhere.

--
Ian.