On Mar 15, 2010, at 12:19 PM, Ware Adams <rwali...@washdcmail.com> wrote:

On Mar 15, 2010, at 12:13 PM, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:

Well, I actually don't know what implementation is inside this legacy machine. This machine is an AMI StoreTrends ITX, but maybe it has been built around IET, don't know. Well, maybe I should disable write-back on every zfs host connecting on iscsi?
How do I check this?

I think this would be a property of the NAS, not the clients.

Yes, Ware's right the setting should be on the AMI device.

I don't know what target it's using either, but if it has an option to disable write-back caching at least then if it doesn't honor flushing your data should still be safe.

-Ross