On Tue, March 16, 2010 11:53, thomas wrote:
> Even if it might not be the best technical solution, I think what a lot of
> people are looking for when this comes up is a knob they can use to say "I
> only want X IOPS per vdev" (in addition to low prioritization) to be used
> while scrubbing. Doing so probably helps them feel more at ease that they
> have some excess capacity on cpu and vdev if production traffic should
> come along.
>
> That's probably a false sense of moderating resource usage when the
> current "full speed, but lowest prioritization" is just as good and would
> finish quicker.. but, it gives them peace of mind?

I may have been reading too quickly, but I have the impression that at
least some of the people not happy with the current prioritization were
reporting severe impacts to non-scrub performance when a scrub was in
progress.  If that's the case, then they have a real problem, they're not
just looking for more peace of mind in a hypothetical situation.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info