A system with 100TB of data its 80% full and the a user ask their local system
admin to restore a  directory with large files, as it was 30days ago with all
Windows/CIFS ACLS and NFSv4/ACLS etc.

If we used zfs send, we need to go back to a zfs send some 30days ago, and find
80TB of disk space to be able to restore it.

zfs send/recv is great for copy zfs from one zfs file system to another file
system even across servers.

But their needs to be a tool:
* To restore an individual file or a zvol (with all ACLs/properties)
* That allows backup vendors (which place backups on tape or disk or CD or ..)
build indexes of what is contain in the backup (e.g. filename, owner, size
modification dates, type (dir/file/etc) )
*Stream output suitable for devices like tape drives.
*Should be able to tell if the file is corrupted when being restored.
*May support recovery of corrupt data blocks within the stream.
*Preferable gnutar command-line compatible
*That admins can use to backup and transfer a subset of files e.g user home
directory (which is not a file system) to another server or on to CD to be sent
to their new office location, or ????

For backup vendors is the idea for them to use NDMP protocol to backup ZFS and
all its properties/ACLs????? Or is a new tool required to achieve the above??

Cheers