> >Actually ... Why should there be a ZFS property to share NFS, when you
> can
> >already do that with "share" and "dfstab?"  And still the zfs property
> >exists.
>
> Probably because it is easy to create new filesystems and clone them;
> as
> NFS only works per filesystem you need to edit dfstab every time when
> you
> add a filesystem.  With the nfs property, zfs create the NFS export,
> etc.

Either I'm missing something, or you are.

If I export /somedir and then I create a new zfs filesystem /somedir/foo/bar
then I don't have to mess around with dfstab, because it's a subdirectory of
an exported directory, it's already accessible via NFS.  So unless I
misunderstand what you're saying, you're wrong.

This is the only situation I can imagine, where you would want to create a
ZFS filesystem and have it default to NFS exported.