Hello,

I have boxed myself into a mental corner and need some help getting out. I am
confused about working with ZFS file systems. Here is a simple example of what
has me confused: Let's say I create the ZFS file system tank/nfs and share that
over NFS. Then I create the ZFS file systems tank/nfs/foo1 and tank/nfs/foo2. I
want to manage snapshots independently for foo1 and foo2, but I would like to
be able to access both from the single NFS share for tank/nfs. Here are my
questions:

1. Can I in fact access foo1 and foo2 through the NFS share of tank/nfs or do I
need to create separate NFS shares for each of them?

2. Is there any difference in interacting with foo1 and foo2 through the
tank/nfs share versus interacting with them directly? I don't even know if that
question makes sense, but it's at the heart of my confusion - nesting file
systems.

3. If I make a snapshot of tank/nfs, does it include the data in foo1 and foo2
or are they excluded since they are separate ZFS file systems?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Chris Dunbar