> A MegaRAID card with write-back cache? It should also be cheaper than
> the F20.

I haven't posted results yet, but I just finished a few weeks of extensive
benchmarking various configurations.  I can say this:

WriteBack cache is much faster than "naked" disks, but if you can buy an SSD
or two for ZIL log device, the dedicated ZIL is yet again much faster than
WriteBack.

It doesn't have to be F20.  You could use the Intel X25 for example.  If
you're running solaris proper, you better mirror your ZIL log device.  If
you're running opensolaris ... I don't know if that's important.  I'll
probably test it, just to be sure, but I might never get around to it
because I don't have a justifiable business reason to build the opensolaris
machine just for this one little test.

Seriously, all disks configured WriteThrough (spindle and SSD disks alike)
using the dedicated ZIL SSD device, very noticeably faster than enabling the
WriteBack.