I have a problem with my zfs system, it's getting slower and slower over time.
When the OpenSolaris machine is rebooted and just started I get about 30-35MB/s
in read and write but after 4-8 hours I'm down to maybe 10MB/s and it varies
between 4-18MB/s. Now, if i reboot the machine it's all gone and I have perfect
speed again.

Does it have something to do with the cache? I use a separate SSD as a cache
disk.
Anyways, here's my setup:
OpenSolaris 1.34 dev
C2D with 4GB ram
4x 1,5TB WD SATA drives and 1x Corsair 32GB SSD as cache

Doesn't seem to matter if I copy files locally on the computer or if I use
CIFS, still getting the same degredation in speed. Last night I left my
workstation copying files to/from the server for about 8 hours and you could
see the performance dropping from about 28MB/s down to under 10MB/s after a
couple of hours.

Any suggestion on what to do?

I've tried some tuning by setting the following variables in /etc/system:
set zfs:zfs_txg_timeout = 1
set zfs:zfs_vdev_max_pending = 1

But it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Regards
/Marcus Wilhelmsson, Kalmar, Sweden

Message was edited by: tanngens