Memtest didn't show any errors, but between Frank, early in the thread, saying
that he had found memory errors that memtest didn't catch, and remove of DIMMs
apparently fixing the problem, I too soon jumped to the conclusion it was the
memory. Certainly there are other explanations.

I see that I have a spare Corsair 620W power supply that I could try. It is a
Corsair supply of some wattage in there now. If I recall properly, the steady
state power draw is between 150 and 200 watts.

By the way, I see that now one of the disks is listed as degraded - too many
errors. Is there a good way to identify exactly which of the disks it is?