Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <r...@karlsbakk.net> wrote:

> I guess that's the way I thought it was. Perhaps it would be nice to add such
> a feature? If something gets stuck in a truckload of snapshots, say a 40GB
> file in the root fs, it'd be nice to just rm --killemall largefile

Let us first asume the simple case where the file is not a part
of any snapshot.

For a secure delete, a file needs to be overwritten in place and this
cannot be done on a FS that is always COW.

The secure deletion of the data would be something that hallens before
the file is actually unlinked (e.g. by rm). This secure deletion would
need open the file in a non COW mode.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin