Hi,

(Main questions at bottom of post)

I recently discovered the joys of ZFS. I have a home file server for
backups+media, also hosting some virtual machine (over LAN).

I was wondering if I could get some feedback as to whether I have set things up
properly.

Drives:
20 x 1TB (Mix of seagate and Hitachi)
4 x 2TB (WD20EARS)

Also the server has 24GB ram (for the virtual machines, but I can leave lots
free for ZFS)

I deleted the partitions off of all drives. Then created 4 vdevs each with 5
1TB drives in raidz.

I get some errors at bootup about no valid partition table or soemthing on the
drives, is this to be expected?

Now I would like to add my 4 x 2TB drives, I get a warning message saying that:
"Pool uses 5-way raidz and new vdev uses 4-way raidz"  Do you think it would be
safe to use the -f switch here?

My chassis is at its limit in terms of hdd, 24(hot swap bays).. So I would have
to stick one inside somewhere..

In case I lost you guys up there, I have 2 main questions:

1 - Errors in dmesg while booting about "Corrupt of Invalid GPT detected" "The
secodary GPT is corrupt or invalid" This can be ignored as the drives giving
this error are all part of the pool.

2 - I would like to add a 4 drive raidz to my pool, although zfs warns that my
current vdevs are all 5-way raidz.. Is it safe (and recommended ) to use the -f
switch and add a 4x2TB raidz vdev to the pool?

Thanks!