I just started replacing drives in this zpool (to increase storage). I pulled
the first drive, and replaced it with a new drive and all was well. It
resilvered with 0 errors. This was 5 days ago. Just today I was looking around
and noticed that my pool was degraded (I see now that this occurred last
night). Sure enough there are 12 read errors on the new drive.

I'm on snv 111b. I attempted to get smartmontools workings, but it doesn't seem
to want to work as these are all sata drives. fmdump indicates that the read
errors occurred within about 10 minutes of one another.

Is it safe to say this drive is bad, or is there anything else I can do about
this?

Thanks,
Jon

$ zpool status MyStorage
  pool: MyStorage
 state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices are faulted in response to persistent errors.
        Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a
        degraded state.
action: Replace the faulted device, or use 'zpool clear' to mark the device
        repaired.
 scrub: scrub completed after 8h7m with 0 errors on Sun Apr 11 13:07:40 2010
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        MyStorage   DEGRADED     0     0     0
          raidz1    DEGRADED     0     0     0
            c5t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c5t1d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c6t1d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t1d0  FAULTED     12     0     0  too many errors

errors: No known data errors
$ fmdump
TIME                 UUID                                 SUNW-MSG-ID
Apr 09 16:08:04.4660 1f07d23f-a4ba-cbbb-8713-d003d9771079 ZFS-8000-D3
Apr 13 22:29:02.8063 e26c7e32-e5dd-cd9c-cd26-d5715049aad8 ZFS-8000-FD