On Apr 14, 2010, at 5:13 AM, fred pam wrote:

> I have a similar problem that differs in a subtle way. I moved a zpool
> (single disk) from one system to another. Due to my inexperience I did not
> import the zpool but (doh!) 'zpool create'-ed it (I may also have used a -f
> somewhere in there...)

You have destroyed the previous pool. There is a reason the "-f" flag is
required,
though it is human nature to ignore such reasons.

> Interestingly the script still gives me the old uberblocks but in this case
> the first couple (lowest TXG's) are actually younger (later timestamp) than
> the higher TXG ones. Obviously removing the highest TXG's will actually
> remove the uberblocks I want to keep.

This is because creation of the new pool did not zero-out the uberblocks.

> Is there a way to copy an uberblock over another one? Or could I perhaps
> remove the low-TXG uberblocks instead of the high-TXG ones (and would that
> mean the old pool becomes available again). Or are more things missing than
> just the uberblocks and should I move to a file-based approach (on ZFS?)

I do not believe you can recover the data on the previous pool without
considerable
time and effort.
 -- richard

ZFS storage and performance consulting at http://www.RichardElling.com
ZFS training on deduplication, NexentaStor, and NAS performance
Las Vegas, April 29-30, 2010 http://nexenta-vegas.eventbrite.com