hello dr245

free nexentastor community edition = commercial edition without support,
without additions like high availability or vmware/ xen management
and limited to 12 tb

nexenta (core) is just the same system (opensolaris b134+ kernel with unix tools
and handling, software will be the same than ubuntu server - some time)
without the gui and additions of nexentastor.

but nexenta (core) is more open and usable for other things like database
and webserver, free and open without any restrictions and not so minimalistic
than eon.
- i switched our server (fileserver, webserver and nfs - esxi storage to
nexenta (mainly core but we have also nexentastor) .
napp-it  is a software i wrote to manage our nexentas as simple as possible
- add functions when i need them.

gea

gea