Hi all,

I'm still an OpenSolaris noob, so please be gentle...

I was just wondering if it is possible to spindown/idle/sleep hard disks that
are part of a Vdev & pool SAFELY?

My objective is to sleep the drives after X time when they're not being used
and spin them back up if required.  This is for a home system, so I'm not
fussed by a minor delay before data is accessible again.

I realise it's not applicable, in the Linux world this is possible using hdparm
on mdadm devices, but I can't find any info on doing similar in OpenSolaris
safely or otherwise.

Could anyone shed some light here?