On Apr 21, 2010, at 8:41 PM, tranceash wrote:

> Hi Richard
>
> I was looking at nexentastor developer edition and I see they have given it a
> nice gui
> but I cant configure auto-cdp plugin can I configure it through the shell.

The auto-cdp plugin is managed through nmc.  It is simple to manage
and well documented in the NexentaStor User's Guide.

> Also if the performance is problem what other options are there for a high
> availability zfs system across 2 systems.

It depends on the business requirements.  A mirror would be simple,
but doesn't offer temporal protection. Snapshots offer temporal protection,
but are not continuous.

> In linux we have something called DRBD and it works very well unfortunately
> we don't have zfs native only through fuse which is not usable at all.

drbd is like AVS or Nexenta's auto-CDP.

> Also can you recommend me some example configuration or books that I can
> refer to building this as I am from linux background and dont know much about
> solaris.

The aforementioned ZFS+AVS blog was quite good. Complain to Oracle that
they deleted it.  Fortunately, it looks like the recording still works
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+avs/AVS%2DZFS%2DDemo%2DV1
The AVS project page is http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+avs/
 -- richard

ZFS storage and performance consulting at http://www.RichardElling.com
ZFS training on deduplication, NexentaStor, and NAS performance
Las Vegas, April 29-30, 2010 http://nexenta-vegas.eventbrite.com