For the l2arc you want iops pure an simple. For this I think the Intel SSDs are
still king.

The slog however has a gotcha, you want a iops, but also you want something
that doesn't say it's done writing until the write is safely nonvolitile. The
intel drives fail in this regard. So far I'm thinking the best bet will likely
one of the sandforce sf-1500 based drives with the supercap on it. Something
like the Vertex 2 pro.

These are of course just my thoughts on the matter as I work towards designing
a SQL storage backend. Your mileage may vary.