I am using a mirrored system pool on 2 80G drives - however I was only using
40G since I thought I might use the rest for something else. ZFS Time Slider
was complaining the pool was filled for 90% and I decided to increase pool
size.
What I did was a zpool detach of one of the mirrored hdds and increased the
partition size to 100% with fdisk. When I wanted to reattach the hdd, system
complained about an IO error and it hang.
Now the rpool is gone on both drives (I also tried to find it via zpool
import booting from USB - without success). Is there any chance I can
recover the lost rpool? And what did I do wrong (except for not having a
backup first)?