On 05/ 8/10 04:38 PM, Giovanni wrote:
Hi guys,

I have a quick question, I am playing around with ZFS and here's what I did.

I created a storage pool with several drives. I unplugged 3 out of 5 drives
from the array, currently:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        gpool       UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
          raidz1    UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
            c8t2d0  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
            c8t4d0  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
            c8t0d0  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open

These drives had power all the time, the SATA cable however was disconnected. Now, after
I logged into Solaris and opened firefox, I plugged them back in to sit and watch if the
storage pool suddenly becomes "available"

This did not happen, so my question is, do I need to make Solaris re-detect the
hard drives and if so how? I tried format -e but it did not seem to detect the
3 drives I just plugged back in. Is this a BIOS issue?

Assuming hot-swap is supported on your system, what does cfgadm report?

--
Ian.