Abhishek Gupta wrote:
Hi,

I just installed OpenSolaris on my Dell Optiplex 755 and created raidz2 with a few slices on a single disk. I was expecting a good read/write performance but I got the speed of 12-15MBps.
How can I enhance the read/write performance of my raid?
Thanks,
Abhi.

You absolutely DON'T want to do what you've done. Creating a ZFS pool (or, for that matter, any RAID device,whether hardware or software) out of slices/partitions of a single disk is a recipe for horrible performance.

In essence, you reduce your performance to 1/N (or worse) of the whole disk, where N is the number of slices you created.

So, create your zpool using disks or partitions from different disks. It's OK to have more than one partition on a disk - just use them in different pools for reasonable performance.

--
Erik Trimble
Java System Support