Hi again,

As for the NFS issue I mentioned before, I made sure the NFS server was working and was able to export before I attempted to import anything, then I started a new "zpool import backup: -- my hope was that the NFS share was causing the issue, since the only filesystem shared is the one causing the problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've done a lot of research and could not find a similar case to mine. The most similar one I've found was this from 2008:

http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=70205&tstart=15

I simply can not import the pool although ZFS reports it as OK.

In that old thread, the user was also having the "zpool import" hang issue, however he was able to run these two commands (his pool was named data1):

zdb -e -bb data1
zdb -e -dddd data1

While my system returns:

# zdb -e -bb backup
zdb: can't open backup: File exists
# zdb -e -ddd backup
zdb: can't open backup: File exists

Every documentation assumes you will be able to run "zpool import" before troubleshooting, however my problem is exactly on that command. I don't even know where to find more detailed documentation.

I believe there's very knowledgeable people in this list. Could someone be kind enough to take a look and at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Eduardo Bragatto.