On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 16:51, Oliver Seidel <o...@os10000.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a grown-up and willing to read, but I can't find where to read.  Please
> point me to the place that explains how I can diagnose this situation: adding
> a mirror to a disk fills the mirror with an apparent rate of 500k per second.
iostat (and zpool iostat) report an average-since-boot for the first
set of values, which is all you see in your example output.  Try
"zpool iostat -v data 10", and wait 10 seconds.  Then the second set
of data represents the past 10 seconds, and will likely be larger than
500 KB/s.

Also, "iostat -x 10" output for the same time period might be informative.

>            c9t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0  20.4G resilvered
Note this number: 20GB would take ~10 hours to resilver at 500 KB/s.
Did it take that long?

Will