On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Vadim Comanescu <va...@syneto.net> wrote:
> Is there any way you can display the parent of a dataset by zfs (get/list)
> command ? I do not need to list for example for a dataset all it's children
> by using -r just to get the parent on a child. There are way's of grepping
> and doing some preg matches but i was wondering if there is any way by doing
> this directly. Thanks.

If you know the current dataset name, there's no real need to have the
parent as a property. Just subtract the last "/" and any trailing
characters. Heck, you could use 'dirname' in scripts to do it for you.

bh...@basestar:~$ zfs list -o name rpool/ROOT/snv_134
NAME
rpool/ROOT/snv_134
bh...@basestar:~$ dirname rpool/ROOT/snv_134