On May 25, 2010, at 12:33 PM, R. Eulenberg wrote:

>> a manual recovery of missing top-level vdevs
>> -- a rare event.
> Yes, but so rare that I never thought troubling me. In my mind it was only
> the slog and loosing the last few seconds doesn't wrong. So I don't have a
> backup, a snapshot neither the original zpool.cache file.
> Is there any solution for my problem?

The description that Peter Woodman put together is a good reference.
http://github.com/pjjw/logfix

If you don't know the GUID, then it is a rather long trial-and-error process.
Or you might recompile the source and rip out the parts looking for the
separate log.
 -- richard

--
ZFS and NexentaStor training, Rotterdam, July 13-15, 2010
http://nexenta-rotterdam.eventbrite.com/