Hello,

I currently have a raid1 array setup on Windows 7 with a pair of 1.5TB drives.
I don't have enough space in any other drives to make a backup of all this data
and I really don't want to copy my ~1.1 TB of files over the network anyways.

What I want to do it get a third 1.5 TB drive and make a ZFS RaidZ array (from
what I understand it will have two drives for data and one drive for parity,
total capacity 1.36 * 2 TB).

I think what I need to do is get opensolaris and mount one of the drives from
the raid1 array as an NTFS partition (because it is NTFS), and then create a
ZFS filesystem on the new drive. Copy all the data from the NTFS drive to the
new drive then add the other two drives to create a raidZ array making sure it
copies the parity data from the first drive.

Is this the correct way of doing it? What commands do I need to use to create
the raidZ array from a single ZFS drive.

Thanks.