Is the pool mounted? I ran into this problem frequently, until I set mountpoint
to legacy. It may be that I had to destroy the filesystem afterwards, but since
I stopped mounting the backup target everything runs smoothly. Nevertheless I
agree it would be nice to find the root cause for this.

--
Arne