> I have a small question about the depth of scrub in a
> raidz/2/3 configuration.
> I'm quite sure scrub does not check spares or unused
> areas of the disks (it
> could check if the disks detects any errors there).
> But what about the parity?

>From some informal performance testing of RAIDZ2/3 arrays, I am confident that
>scrub reads the parity blocks and normal reads do not.

You can see this for yourself with "iostat -x" or "zpool iostat -v"

Start monitoring and watch read I/O.  You will see regularly that a RAIDZ3
array will read from all but three drives, which I presume is the unread parity.

Do the same monitoring while a scrub is underway and you will see all drives
being read from equally.

My experience suggests something similar is taking place with mirrors.

If you think about it, having a scrub check everything but the parity would be
a rather pointless operation.