On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Andres Noriega
<andres.nori...@oracle.com>wrote:

> I understand now. So each vol's available space is reporting it's
> reservation and whatever is still available in the pool.
>
> I appreciate the explanation. Thank you!

If you want the available space to be a hard limit, have a look at the quota
property.

The reservation tells the pool to reserve that amount of space for the
dataset, meaning that space is no longer available to anything else in the
pool.

The quota tells the pool the max amount of storage the dataset can use, and
is reflected in the "space available" output of various tools (like zfs
list, df, etc).

--
Freddie Cash
fjwc...@gmail.com