On Jun 4, 2010, at 10:18 PM, Miles Nordin wrote:

>    sl> Excellent! I wish I would have known about these features when
>    sl> I was attempting to recover my pool using 2009.06/snv111.
>
> the OP tried the -F feature.  It doesn't work after you've lost zpool.cache:

Starting from build 128 option -F is documented option for 'zpool import' and
'zpool clear' and it has nothing to do with zpool.cache. Old -F has been
renamed to -V

In some cases it may be possible to extract configuration details from the
in-pool copy of configuration by running

zdb -eC <poolname>

regards
victor