My inclination, based on what I've read and heard from others, is to say
"no".
But again, the best way to find out is to write the code.  :\

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:45, Edward Ned Harvey <solar...@nedharvey.com>wrote:

> > From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> > boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Toyama Shunji
> >
> > Certainly I feel it is difficult, but is it logically impossible to
> > write a filter program to do that, with reasonable memory use?
>
> Good question.  I don't know the answer.
>
> If somebody wanted to, would it be impossible to write a program to extract
> a single file (or subset of files) from a zfs send datastream?
>
> I don't know anything about the internal data structuring format of the zfs
> send datastream.  So I couldn't begin to answer the question.

"You can choose your friends, you can choose the deals." - Equity Private

"If Linux is faster, it's a Solaris bug." - Phil Harman

Blog - http://whatderass.blogspot.com/
Twitter - @khyron4eva