On 6/13/2010 11:14 AM, Jan Hellevik wrote:
Well, for me it was a cure. Nothing else I tried got the pool back. As far as I
can tell, the way to get it back should be to use symlinks to the fdisk
partitions on my SSD, but that did not work for me. Using -V got the pool back.
What is wrong with that?

If you have a better suggestion as to how I should have recovered my pool I am
certainly interested in hearing it.

I think Richard meant that -V isn't the real solution to your problem, which is to fix the underlying issue with fdisk partition recognition. -V is undocumented for a reason, and likely to go "poof" and disappear at any time, so we shouldn't rely on it to solve this issue.

For you, though, it obviously worked in this case. The message being, don't count on this being a general solution if you get in this situation again. But at least you're back in business.

:-)

--
Erik Trimble
Java System Support