Marcelo Leal wrote:
> Hello there,
>  I think you should share it with the list, if you can, seems like an
> interesting work. ZFS has some issues with snapshots and spa_sync performance
> for snapshots deletion.

I'm a bit reluctant to post it to the list where it can still be found
years from now. Because the module is not compiled directly into ZFS
but is a separate module that makes heavy use of internal structures
of ZFS, it is designed for a specific version of ZFS (Solaris U8). It
might still load without problems for years, but already in the next
Solaris version it might wreak havoc because of a changed kernel structure.
A much better way would be to have a similar operation integrated into
the official source tree. I could try to build a patch if it has a
chance of getting accepted.

Until then, I have no problem with sharing it off-list.

--Arne